Hi Ted,

On 5/01/11 0:12 , Ted Morris wrote:
> I would like to know why the imageio pluggin .so wasn't invoked for jpg/png
> images with
> my cocoa/x64 bit build of osg on MACOSX 10.6. For example, running some of
> the osg
> examples indicates that it was unable to load the images (although they were
> correctly
> found).  Could it be the .png or .jpg extensions are forcing osg to look for
> the
> associated image pluggins?

The way OSG selects plugins for loading is by looking at the extension,
checking if an
already loaded plugin handles this, and if not load osgdb_<extension>.so.

This obviously doesn't work for multi-extension plugins such as imageio,
quicktime, or
ffmpeg.  You have to manually pre-load the plugin in this case.

> How is this supposed to be invoked, at least when running the apps from the
> command
> line?

osgviewer -e imageio --image file.jpg

Hope this helps,