Thanks for the reply.  Might have confused you.  I have a 64 bit machine
and a 32 bit machine.  I have been building osg on both machines and
installing the openscenegraph package on both from package manager.  I
just removed the osg package with package manager and then got the
latest trunk on both machines.  I build fine and they install fine on
each platform.  However, I get the same result.  I get the error when I
build osg from source and I can run osgversion when I install 2.8.1 from
the package manager.  I am doing this independently on both machines to
see if I can get one or the other to work.

I am wondering if it is the code?  I am at a loss.  I have not had
trouble with osg for a while.  All compiles well.  Any ideas?