Good morning everyone,

I hope everyone of you had a nice and enjoyable weekend? Here in Germany it was
brilliant weather, in addition, yesterday was mother's day so we had a very
enjoyable time with the family - hope the same for you! :)

Anyways - first off, thank you all very much for your answers.

Torben, I did read into your code on Friday and, from a first glance at it, it
seems like a possible solution for the problem. I think the perfect way to
create that matrix would be by using a camera and creating the distortion pixel
map by analysing the offset dynamically via the camera image. It's a quite
complex way to do it, but the result should be quite good - however, if I can't
find a student to write his bachelor thesis on that, I fear there won't be
resources available to do it ;)

Shayne, thank you very much - the links you offered perfectly describe the
issues I'm dealing with. If I understand you right, I am already tweaking the
frustum to calibrate the viewing area by using

setProjectionMatrixAsFrustum(left, right, bottom, top, near, far); .

The problem with this method is that by using each of those parameters I can
only move an entire border of the projection area - so the entire left, right,
bottom or top border of the frustum. This allows me to adjust the frustum such
that it does fit into the projection screen; however, it does not help at all
against the distortion in the image. To do so, I had to be able to move the
corners of the frustum individually, and that's something I don't quite know
how to do it.

I'll read into the paper more deeply and will let you know if it could help me
any further.

Have a great start in the new week!

-Alex