Hello OSGers!

The last days I am playing with osgAnimation in order to implement something. I
managed to make something work like I want it to but I don't know if this is
the right approach or not. I will describe my problem and then I will describe
my solution. I would be more than grateful if you could give my
suggestions,advices,tips etc.

Problem:
I have a skinned (it has a skeleton, it is based on bones) hand model in a DAE
file. The model does not contain any keyframes or animation.
I want to import this hand into my OSG application and be able to move the
fingers independently using the k/b. The movement of the fingers is simple:
only rotation around an axis. (have your palm wide open and try to make a fist,
each finger rotates around one axis that passes through the joint).

Solution:
* I load the model normally.
* I get a pointer to a bone(using an osg::NodeVisitor).
* I get osgAnimation::UpdateBone callback for that bone
* I get get the osgAnimation::StackedTransform from that
osgAnimation::UpdateBone
* I push_back() a new osgAnimation::StackedRotateAxisElement  (I also store the
pointer somewhere else) to the osgAnimation::StackedTransform
* Then I pass (using the constructor) the previous stored
osgAnimation::StackedRotateAxisTransform pointer to a custom EventHandler that
inherits from osgGA::GUIEventHandler and I add it (the handler) to the
osgViewer (using addEventhandler()).
* Then inside the handler() function of my custom even handler I check for key
presses and then I modify the angle of the
osgAnimation::StackedRotateAxisTransform.

All the above seem to work fine, but I don't know if this is the right way to
solve this kind of problem. I would appreciate any
comments/suggestions/ideas/tips.

Thank you very much for your time!

Cheers,
George