Hi,

I commited new code to upgrade RenderBin code. You should be able to
manage bin like in osg, but I implemented the minimum to have
flexibility with render bin. There is no OVERRIDE_RENDERBIN_DETAILS.
I added the transparent RenderBin that will sort your objects from
back to front.
It's possible to add your own RenderBin like this:

osg.RenderBin.BinPrototypes['UberRenderBin'] = new UberBinCreator();

then use this in your stateset:
var quad = osg.createTextureBoxGeometry(0,0,0, 2,2,2);
quad.getOrCreateStateSet().setRenderBinDetails(15, 'UberRenderBin');

There is current limitation with this. osg allow you to create
renderStage from the prototype but no osgjs.

Basics usages to manage transparency:

var root = new osg.Node();
var quad = osg.createTextureBoxGeometry(0,0,0, 2,2,2);

var node0 = new osg.MatrixTransform();
node0.setMatrix(osg.Matrix.makeTranslate(0,0,1,[]));
node0.addChild(quad);
node0.getOrCreateStateSet().setRenderingHint('TRANSPARENT_BIN');

var node1 = new osg.MatrixTransform();
node1.setMatrix(osg.Matrix.makeTranslate(0,0,10,[]));
node1.addChild(quad);

child of node0 will be sorted back to front and child of node1 will
not be sorted.

If you experience performance issue please report it.

Cedric - http://osgjs.org

- --
Cedric Pinson
Provide OpenGL, WebGL and OpenSceneGraph services
+33 659 598 614 - cedric.pin...@plopbyte.com
http://plopbyte.com - http://osgjs.org - http://showwebgl.com