Hi,

> You can't computationally intersect infinitely thin lines with with
> infinitely thin line segments so what you are asking specifically
> isn't possible.

We use an algorithm with a "intersection distance" parameter : if minimum
distance between the two lines (or segment, or line/segment) is below this
minimum, we consider that the lines intersect.

It acts like intersecting cylinders (infinite or not) with a little diameter.

This algorithm is currently used by several scientific softwares developped by
my company.

> What exactly you trying to achieve will affect what approach you will want to
> take.

I'm trying to extends LineSegmentIntersector with new features.

There are different goals :
- personal training
- test our algorithm in a OSG context (actually all rendering is done in pure
OpenGL, all computation in standard C++)
- use this algorithm on a standard OSG scene to do some computations (like in
our actual software)
- maybe use this algorithm for screen picking

Aurelien