On 03/06/2012 10:56 AM, Jan Ciger wrote:

    >From what I've read in several forums.  If you create the
    1280x1470 format (or 1920x2205 format) directly, you can get a
    GeForce card to render 3D content on a 3D monitor.

Jason, could you post links to this info, please? I am interested in that as well. I am afraid that the OpenGL driver on a GeForce will refuse to generate the correct HDMI signal "tags" for the monitor to recognize, because you aren't running Quadro. If it was possible, it would be quite trivial to bypass the "no stereo on GeForce" crippling by Nvidia.

Hi, Jan,

I don't have links, nor do I have personal experience. I haven't actually read the HDMI 1.4a spec either, so I very well may be wrong.

That said, most of the information I Googled came from the bino project. There were several reports in their forums of folks using custom ModeLines in the xorg.conf that allowed them to generate packed-frame 3d from their video cards. The precise contents of the xorg.conf were given in at least one post, so you should be able to try it yourself.

--"J"