On 04/27/2012 01:46 PM, dan marshal wrote:
Hi,

I am porting a java3d app to OSG and have to implement RotateToPoint.

My model is an airplane and I have its location and the point I want to rotate
to.  Is there an OSG function similar to RotateToPoint?  Have you seen a good
example of this implementation?

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to accomplish, but you might want to take a look at the makeLookAt method in osg::Matrix.

If you're trying to rotate the plane to aim it at a particular point in space, that should do it for you. You can use the resulting osg::Matrix in an osg::MatrixTransform node.

--"J"