On 10/24/2012 11:35 AM, Jason Daly wrote:
On 10/24/2012 05:28 AM, Daniel Schmid wrote:

Since the material code is unique within geometries, so actually I would need to transfer it only once per Geometry. If I change to BIND_OVERALL, the data is no longer transferred, or at least my shader cannot detect it anymore. I thought i should maybe reduce the VertexAttribArray (l_Array) to one single entry, but this doesn't work either.

What is the correct way of passing general or common data, on a per geometry (and not vertex) basis?

I don't think BIND_OVERALL is valid for generic attributes. Sergey's right, use a Uniform.

Scratch that, I'm wrong...

From the man page for glVertexAttrib:

   "If a generic vertex attribute bound to an attribute variable in a
   vertex shader is not updated while the vertex shader is executing,
   the vertex shader will repeatedly use the current value for the
   generic vertex attribute."

So it seems that BIND_OVERALL should be working just fine.

--"J"