> It will probably be more efficient to create a scene graph from
> osg::Geometry/osg::Texture/osg::StateSet rather than using osgText.  You
> could use the osgText::Font and associated Textures to help with the
> texturing side to the rendering.  The osg::Geometry you create you could
> put as many quads in as you need.

I have a couple of questions on using the texture directly rather than
using osgText::Text...

When grabbing the textures with all the glyphs in it
(osgText::Font::getGlyphTextureList), can I safely assume that for one font
resolution there will only be one texture for that font? That is will *all*
characters which are requested with the same font be handled by one texture?

How/when do individual glyphs get added to their collective texture? (I
looked through the source code but got a little lost) -- in a small example
I tried with just osg::Geometry/Texture as you suggested above, I looked up
glyph texture coordinates for a bunch of characters without manually adding
any glyphs and it 'just worked'. Do I never need to do anything to ensure
the glyphs I need are in the texture or is this taken care of implicitly?

Regards,

Preet