Ah ha. And each Camera has it's own StateSet. I see.

My situation is a bit different, as I have a single subordinate Camera buried in the scene graph, and it is on that Node that I want to set a projection matrix Uniform that has a different value per render thread. I could, in theory, add the Uniform much higher in the scene graph, at the top level slave Cameras used to create each view. But, unfortunately, this project is a middleware utility for use by OSG-based apps, so keeping my state and geometry local to a single subgraph in desirable...

But thanks for the ideas and inspiration. Hopefully I can make this work yet.
   -Paul