Hi

I've tested multisampled context with disabled GL_MULTISAMPLE and it worked for
me like year ago or so.
There are talks in web that on some hardware GL_MULTISAMPLE does nothing in
multisampled context, and multisampling always enabled (with drivers settings
set to application control of MSAA), may be you hit one of those?

Cheers.