Hi,

I need to disable culling on a geode which implements a skydome/plane as a
shader.

The problem is that the vertex shader places the existing vertices
screen-aligned at the far plane, but OSG still thinks they are in their
original positions.

This problem as already been discussed - but not conclusively solved - in other
threads:
(cannot post URLs at the moment)
viewtopic.php?t=20300
viewtopic.php?t=10912

For this situation, disabling the culling is necessary because I do not want
the scene to include the "real" positions of the sky plane at "infinity". It
would defy near/far calculation and I would need to introduce a callback that
recalculates the positions outside the vertex shader just so that the skydome
node does not get clipped.

I already tried
Code:
Geode->setCullingActive(false)

and
Code:
Camera()->setCullingMode( osg::CullSettings::NO_CULLING )

but both cull my node as soon as the original vertex positions are behind the
camera.

My workaround at the moment is to set the initial bounds very large, but this
is unnecessarily inflates the BBox of the real scene.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Cheers,
Anton