Hello all,

I have been an active contributor to OSG in the past but have not kept up
with recent developments. I have an application that uses OSG 2.8.5 mostly
unmodified except for one patch that changes the way osgText breaks up
words. I am wondering how easy it is generally to port programs forward
from OSG 2.8.5 to the current release (appears to be 3.0.1, at least that
is what is available by default in Fedora 17).

I am of course willing to submit the changes I made to the word splitting
in OSG, but how accepted will that be to the community? With the default
word splitting, I was seeing things like:

Large numbers split in the middle: "1,000\n,000,000" (The \n is where the
line split occurred)
Punctuation shown at the beginning of the next line instead of at the end
of a line: "This is the end\n. This is another sentence."
Date/time split in strange places: "15:27\n:12"

My new rules make the only splitting points at spaces and at hyphens
(leaving the hyphen at the end of the line). If others depend on the
current line-splitting method, I can create a patch that would allow the
user to choose which method to use.

Eric