There was some development in osgBullet for grappling with a data glove and
hand model. Without haptics, the user had no feedback over how tightly the
objects were grasped, and Bullet had difficulty resolving the constraints
in this situation.

We found a better approach was to detect gestures with the data glove, such
as fist, point, open, etc., and use those as a signal to the application
for creating and removing different types of constraints between the hand
model and a target object in the scene. This approach allowed for very easy
scene interaction, and no issues with Bullet constraint resolution.

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 3:21 AM, Robert Osfield <robert.osfi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Junjie,
>
> The OSG doesn't have general collision support, it only provides line
> segment and polytope intersectors that probably aren't what you are
> looking for.  You are problably best looking at a dedicate collision
> detection and perhaps physics library to handle this side of things.
> For instance the 3rd party project osgBullet might the thing.
> Robert.
>

> On 23 May 2013 12:25, Junjie Xue <bit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am working on a virtual assembly demo by using OSG and CyberGlove
> together. Currently i have sucessfully connect  and drive the virtual hand
> in the scene using realtime data sent from the glove. Now i want to add
> collision detection between the hand and a part in the scene. when the
> collision is detected, the part will move with the hand.
> >
> > Here comes the problem:
> > 1. How do collision detection in osg? What class or function should i
> use?
> > 2. How to make the part move with the hand?  What class or function
> should i use?
> >
> > Any suggestion or reply will be appreciated.
> > Thank you!
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Junjie

> > Read this topic online here: