My guess is that you've somehow created the collision shapes as static
instead of dynamic. Bullet uses the static classification for objects that
never move. If you have two objects that never move, Bullet will assume
they never collide.

Although I've done quite a bit of work in the past with Bullet and
osgBullet, I would not consider myself a Bullet expert. This is really just
a guess. Since the warning comes from Bullet, the Bullet forum might be a
better place. osgBullet also has its own discussion group.

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 7:56 AM, Mots G <maverickm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm trying to use osgBullets in my application for collision detection.
> The library comes with a sample example for detection between two
> box-geodes.
> I've modified it to use a cessna and a cow model and obtained a
> 'btCollisionObject' by calling:
>
> *osgbCollision::btCompoundShapeFromOSGGeodes(cess_model,COMPOUND_SHAPE_PROXYTYPE
> )*
>
> However, the collision detection does not happen and I'm unable to figure
> out what's going wrong.
> I also get a warning "warning btCollisionDispatcher::needsCollision:
> static-static collision".
>
> Sorry for the noob question but I'm trying to get this feature in my app
> and using the bullet/osgBullet library for the first time. Also I'm not
> sure if this question belongs here or to another forum.
> Inconvenience regretted.
>
> Best regards,
> Mots

Paul Martz