The osgoculusviewer works for me using the 1.3 SDK now. Some parts are
missing, such as a graceful shutdown when a return to Oculus Home is
requested by a user pressing the home button.

I will also have a look at the in progress openvr (steamVR) integration
because this one is supposed to also work with the Vive.

Christian