Am 20.04.2016 um 10:05 schrieb Robert Osfield:
Hi Sebastian,

On 20 April 2016 at 08:17, Sebastian Messerschmidt <sebastian.messerschm...@gmx.de <mailto:sebastian.messerschm...@gmx.de>> wrote:

    Openflight databases seem to use this user-data at the root node
    to describe the geographic base coordinates of UTM-databases.
    Unfortunately this class doesn't seem to have a serializer for the
    osgXYZ file formats. What is the best way to add such
    serialization capabilities?

Been a very very long time since I heard mention of the osgSim::GeoographicLocation class... just been sitting there quietly minding it's own business.
The issue right now is, that I somehow have to distribute the lat,lon origin in some OpenFlight centric workflow. I could totally do this differently by transforming the information into my own format.

Looking at the implementation now the two parameters that need to be serialized at the latitude and longitude paramters. If these used the setName()/getName() convention then it'd be easy to add serializers using the standard ADD_DOUBLE_SERIALIZER( Name, 0.0); serializers (for instance see the usage in src/osgWrappers/serializers/osg/ ).

As these don't follow the setName/getName() one will either have to write a custom serializer for it or simply change the naming across to the setName()/getName() convention that the almost all of the OSG uses. I'd be inclined to do the later. Then just add the GeographicLocation serializers to the src/osgWrappes/serializers/osgSim. This would mean that the change could only be add to OSG master and no backported to OSG-3.4 or OSG-3.2 as the ABI would change, but personally I'd be happy with this.
I'll try to do this then and present the submission when I find the time.

Cheers
Sebastian