Hi Robert,

this is my update callback .. And I know for sure it was working. I just
did a clean app (modified osgviewer with only this callback installed in
the root PagedLODs) and I never see a Paged Out tile ... I am limited to
not having the possibility to make a custom DatabasePager or it will go
really complicated. The root PagedLOD can have only one or zero children
(that is the test database I am testing it against)

struct UpdateCallback : public osg::NodeCallback
{
UpdateCallback()
: _numChildren(0)
{

}
virtual void operator()(osg::Node* node, osg::NodeVisitor* nv)
{
osg::PagedLOD* plod = dynamic_cast<osg::PagedLOD*>(node);
if (plod)
{
if (plod->getNumChildren() != _numChildren)
{
_numChildren = plod->getNumChildren();

if (_numChildren)
std::cout << "Paged in" << std::endl;
else
std::cout << "Paged out" << std::endl;

}
}
traverse(node, nv);
}
protected:
int _numChildren;
};

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 6:49 PM, Robert Osfield <robert.osfi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> There isn't a feature directly built into osg::PageLOD or
> DatabasePager for this.
>
> What you could do is look at the  creating a custom DatabasePager that
> overrides the following method:
>
>        /** Merge the changes to the scene graph by calling calling
> removeExpiredSubgraphs then addLoadedDataToSceneGraph.
>           * Note, must only be called from single thread update phase. */
>         virtual void updateSceneGraph(const osg::FrameStamp& frameStamp);
>
> Within this you could add your own tracking of when things are merge or
> removed.
>
> Robert.
>

> On 3 June 2016 at 17:15, Trajce Nikolov NICK
> <trajce.nikolov.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Community,
> >
> > I was looking for a way to detect when PagedLOD gets its children paged
> > in/out. So I installed an update callback and based on a difference in
> the
> > children number I was able to know when such change occurred. And this
> was
> > working with a code an year ago.
> >
> > Now it doesn't .. Any clue or hint how to detect such changes?
> >
> > Thanks a bunch as always!
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Nick
> >
> > --