Hi Robert,

OK, I am testing a patched FindFreetype.cmake with OSG now. If that works I'll
submit it to CMake and to OSG. If it is better to post it to the
osg-submissions list rather than here I can do that but it is then separate
from the context of this discussion.

It doesn't seem practical for us to fix freetype but I'll file a suggestion
with them to reconsider this build approach. For now, with a wiki note on
refreshing the source, the only freetype improvement we can benefit from is
making osgPlugins/freetype/CMakeLists.txt able to add PNG_LIBRARY (or other
freetype optional libs?) to the target libraries if needed. I don't know enough
CMake yet to do that automatically and adding a variable to pass to the cmake
call seems like cruft. If OSG has no benefit from PNG support in freetype then
a note not to enable it is probably the way to go.

Cheers,
Stuart