Hi Poojan,

Hi,

I have a problem when I load a file and am using rtts. If I close the file and
clear it out of the scene graph, with rtt on, memory does not seem to be
reclaimed, unless I turn off the rtt. If not using rtts memory is immediately
reclaimed upon closing the file.

The said doesn't make much sense to me ... How do you measure memory usage? What is your scenegraph setup? Please note, that returning memory to the OS is mostly up to the driver, so simply releasing a texture/buffer doesn't mean it is immediately freed.

The reclaim in both cases seems to happen when stateset ref counts for the
objects in question goes to zero (via prune), which leads me to believe that
ref count is off by one when rtt is enabled. But I am not really sure where to
look.
What do you mean by "prune"?
If your ref count is off by one, you most likely doing something wrong.

I was wondering if there is something I need to do in addition to just turning
off the rtt cameras.

Could you please provide a simple example showing your "problem"? You're description is a bit to vague to give us the chance of helping you. I personally haven't experienced memory issues that weren't my fault using OSG in the last 5 years... And I'm using RTT a lot ;-)

Cheers
Sebastian

Thank you!

Cheers,