Hi,

With OSG 3.2.1 I have been able to do fast shallow cloning of osgText::Text in my own subclass, copying the _textureGlyphQuadMap instead of calling computeGlyphRepresentation, since the latter is a slow operation for my thousands of texts.

In OSG 3.5.6 this isn't possible, I guess due to a private GlyphQuads::operator=. So I'm looping through _textureGlyphQuadMap in my copy constructor and copy its glyphs and primitives separately instead. But I can't see my copied text at all! If I save it out to an .osg or .osgt file it's visible in osgviewer.

I guess setting GlyphQuads::operator= private was deliberate, so can someone explain how I can accomplish fast text cloning in OSG 3.5.6 or optimize it somehow?

Regards,
Andreas