Ok thanks, so I registered to the Google group instead and chose to receive each message by e-mail.

I should be able to send to the group by e-mail as well, to osg-us...@googlegroups.com like this. Hope it all works out...

/Andreas

On 2020-04-27 19:36, OpenSceneGraph Users wrote:
Hi Werner & Andrea et. al,

On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 at 17:23, OpenSceneGraph Users <osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org <mailto:osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org>> wrote:

    Hi Andrea's,

    that annoys me too. Thanks for pointing this out.
    Werner

    On 27. April 2020 17:06:49 MESZ, OpenSceneGraph Users
    <osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
    <mailto:osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org>> wrote:

        Hi,

        Is it only me or does anyone else get the From address set to
        osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
        <mailto:osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org> only nowadays, so
        that you don't know from who the messages are? People tend to
        avoid signing their e-mails as well.

        I registered for the mailing list long ago and prefer to read
        mails instead of the group. Do I have to register again
        somehow to make it work?

I had to change this to get the old mailing list to play nice with the new googlegroup, without it all the posts from those subscribed to the mailing list will end causing rejections.

A pain, but the alternative is to drop the old mailing list entirely.  It is possible to use the googlegroup using mail so perhaps just getting everyone over on the new googlegroup and dropping the mailman list would a solution. Though, I'm not sure how well this might all work.

No signing and not address is both an affliction of a group/forum and how some folk use email.