Hi, santhosh.  I think what you have there is that you are getting some
of the multiple events.  Debugging issues like that can be very
cumbersome, so I would put a breakpoint inside the innermost block.

Nevertheless, if you want to have single key events instead of repeated
(that is, that the user is not expected to hold the keys, just quickly
press them), I would replace KEYDOWN by KEYUP so that event is only
triggered once instead of continuously.  This is a common technique that
I'm sure you will find also in the examples.

--
Alberto