Back at it again...

I'm using a Brazil georeferenced map, so I know what coordinates are good
enough to be above the country, high enough to see it all, looking down:

(...)
    osgViewer::Viewer viewer;
    viewer.setSceneData( root.get() );
    osg::ref_ptr<OVNIController> controller = new OVNIController(&viewer);
// my own WASD flying controller
    viewer.setCameraManipulator(controller);
    viewer.getCamera()->setViewMatrixAsLookAt(
osg::Vec3(-55.0f,-15.0f,50.0f), osg::Vec3(), osg::Y_AXIS ); // eye (lon,
lat, alt), center, up
    viewer.getCameraManipulator()->home(1);
    viewer.realize();
    while ( !viewer.done() ) { viewer.frame(); }
    return 0;

I don't know if setViewMatrixAsLookAt() and home() should go before or
after realize(). Played with the axis as 3rd parameter for
setViewMatrixAsLookAt, but the camera just won't move! Any help, please?