http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43867

ACLU smoking dope at border?
Minutemen say photos show 'legal observers' getting high

----------
1:00 a.m. Eastern

C 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

ACLU "legal observers" allegedly smoking marijuana while observing
Minuteman volunteers (Photo: South East Arizona Republican Club)
Volunteers with the Minuteman Project in Arizona say "legal
observers" sent by the ACLU to monitor the citizen border patrol have
been seen smoking marijuana in violation of the law.

Photographs were posted on the website of the South East Arizona
Republican Club after Minuteman participants reported they saw, and
smelled, the ACLU workers smoking pot.

Eleanor Eisenberg, executive director of the ACLU of Arizona, did not
respond to a request for comment given to her assistant by
WorldNetDaily.

As WND reported, ACLU activists shadowing the Minuteman Project at
the U.S.-Mexican border are actively aiding and abetting aliens
attempting to enter the country illegally, according to a spokesman
for the volunteer civilian force.

Grey Deacon told Joseph Farah's nationally syndicated "WorldNetDaily
RadioActive" audience Friday that ACLU monitors sent to the border to
watch Minuteman activity and report civil-liberties abuses to
authorities have begun flashing lights, sounding horns and warning
off illegals and their "coyote" human smugglers from entering
territory patrolled by the volunteers.

"They are actively engaging in criminal activity," said Deacon.

Deacon said the ACLU activists are resorting to new tactics because
of the success the Minuteman Project is having in assisting the
Border Patrol in spotting illegal aliens and in generating publicity
about the insecure U.S.-Mexico border.

The ACLU dispatched its representatives to the 23-mile section of the
Arizona border patrolled by the Minutemen after predicting the group
would abuse the rights of illegal aliens. No such abuses have
materialized to date.

"The ACLU's position is that illegal aliens have a right to enter our
border and stay in this country as long as they want," said
Deacon. "That's what one of the leaders of the group told me
personally."

A volunteer reported, according to the South East Arizona Republican
Club, "The ACLU is getting desperate to get something on the
Minutemen and are trying to provoke incidents now."

"They pushed one of the Minutemen the other night trying to get him
to push back. Didn't work. Then last night they walked up and shined
a spotlight right in a Minuteman's face from six inches or so away.
Didn't work that time either. We immediately report these types of
contacts with them to the sheriff to counter any claims they try to
make against us. They should be called the UCLU (Un-American Civil
Lawsuit Union).

"They give us the middle finger every chance they get to try to get
us to react. We are still trying to figure out if that is their age
or IQ."

Take a look at donorschoose.org, an excellent charitable web site for
anyone who cares about public education!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_OLuKD/8WnJAA/cUmLAA/TySplB/TM