I see what you mean, I already searched for "as" before sending my post.
There is no "as" package. Probably it is named something else? I really do
think I am missing a package because I had also issues sometime ago with
other servers and
at the end it was installing the correct packages. It seems the ossec
software from the official website is not made for Sles and thats why I
have all these issue's.
what is also annoying is that there is nothing in /var/log/messages , is
there some debug function as to why the installer is not working?