Hi Dave,

that happens. Maybe I didn't explain it very well.

Just add a prematch to the USB decoder in
kernel-iptables_apparmor_decoders.xml
<https://github.com/wazuh/ossec-rules/commit/48db55be1917596f9de69a0d7e5efabe8d1dadd0>

and use this decoder in your local_decoder file:

<decoder name="local_iptables">
 <parent>iptables</parent>
 <prematch>^[\s*\d+.\d+] ipt:</prematch>
 <regex offset="after_prematch">(\S+): in=\.+ src=(\S+) dst=(\S+) </regex>
 <order>action,srcip,dstip</order>
</decoder>

I'm glad to help!.

Regards.