Victor,

On Friday, December 9, 2016 at 6:42:27 AM UTC-5, Victor Fernandez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Agents should send a keepalive each 10 minutes (600 seconds) by default,
> and this should be enough. But you can go down that time at the agent's
> ossec.conf:
>

> <ossec_config>
>    <client>
>       <server-ip>1.2.3.4</server-ip>
>       *<notify_time>60</notify_time>*
>    </client>
>

> If you see any agent disconnected, check its ossec.log file.
>
> On the other hand, as Dan says, the manager will discard two identical
> consecutive messages, so you should generate different messages for the
> logs (using a random string or the date).

These events were from auditd and were unique enough that OSSEC should
treat them as such.

> If you think that there could be network congestion, you may try to
> connect using TCP, adding, at the agent's ossec.conf:
>
> <ossec_config>
>    <client>
>       <server-ip>1.2.3.4</server-ip>
>       *<protocol>tcp</protocol>*
>    </client>
>
> And, on the manager's ossec.conf:
>
> <ossec_config>
>   <remote>
>     <connection>secure</connection>
>     *<protocol>tcp</protocol>*
>   </remote>
>
> I'm going to give this a try.

One thing I've noticed is that the ossec-control script isn't starting up
remoted.  If I start remoted by hand it starts, but then I see 3 remoted
processes.  I've never come across this issue before.  Do you know what
could be causing it?