I know this is old, but thank you SO much for posting the resolution. I ran
into the exact same issue when writing a decoder for a Windows log file. I
did not realize that the OSSEC logs in archive contained an added header
and it caused me a HUGE headache when writing the decoder. I tested mine in
production and it works perfectly. Thank you again.