Yeah, I finally got the alerts working.  This post helped me out
alot:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/ossec-list/alert$20to$20be$20generated/ossec-list/SWJe7nm2cbU/pKc8HSfDXCEJ

It shows exactly a log inside of the archive.log, and what you should paste
into the ossec-logtest.  I also found somewhere to run ossec-logtest with
the "-v" flag option to show the rule matches too.  After I got that, I
found that other rules would match causing the level to be 0.

Rule 6 matches which was a generic windows rule.
Rule 18100 matched with some logs which is the "Group of windows rules"

I changed the "<if_sid>" to the 18100 as suggested by Santiago, and then
ran the test again.
It worked.

So I actually tested it in a real test scenario, and it worked!! Alarms
were generated in the alarms.log file.

THANK YOU everyone for all of your help.  After a bunch of fixes,
configuration fixes, OSSEC upgrades, buying an OSSEC book off of amazon,
and these forums, I was finally able to get it to work. :)

YEAH!!