I did end up creating a specific crontab user for remote ssh connections,
and here's the way I did exclude it from alerts if anyone else is
interested.

<rule id="100202" level="3">
  <if_sid>5501</if_sid>

  <match>USERNAME</match>

  <options>no_email_alert</options>

  <description>Ignore rule 5501 for scheduled crontab user </description>

</rule>

Kind regards,

Fredrik