> It doesnt work, a real shame... It will only work if you dont have spaces
> in your log line.

  This is really really really annoying lol... all that is needed is to
wrap with ' ' the argument (log line with spaces and all sort of
characters) when you pass it to the active response script (works when I
manually run it)  but I as a user cannot do that its ossec's code.... also
why limit the argumets to srcip and user? what are the other parameters for
(extra_data etc....) just logging it seems and some rule filtering which
kills the level of logic you can have in the active response script.

Maybe in ossec 3.......