HI,

I set the email notify level to 3, and try to login into serverA through
ssh, It's work, I receive the email alert.

Thank you!

And I've other question, I want block the user ip when the user login
failed more then 3 times with ssh, then block the ip of user, I use 5712,
but it did not work, I've try to login failed more then 10, it still do not
block me.
here is my active-response in ossec.conf

<active-response>

        <disabled>no</disabled>

        <command>firewall-drop</command>

        <location>local</location>

        <rules_id>5712</rules_id>

        <level>8</level>

        <timeout>120</timeout>

        <repeated_offenders>60,120,180</repeated_offenders>

  </active-response>

here is my 5710 and 5712 rule defines

  <rule id="5710" level="5">

    <if_sid>5700</if_sid>

    <match>illegal user|invalid user</match>

    <description>sshd: Attempt to login using a non-existent
user</description>

<group>invalid_login,authentication_failed,pci_dss_10.2.4,pci_dss_10.2.5,pci_dss_10.6.1,</group>

  </rule>

  <rule id="5711" level="0">

    <if_sid>5700</if_sid>

    <match>authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=ssh|</match>

    <match>input_userauth_request: invalid user|</match>

    <match>PAM: User not known to the underlying authentication module for
illegal user|</match>

    <match>error retrieving information about user</match>

    <description>sshd: Useless/Duplicated SSHD message without a
user/ip.</description>

  </rule>

  <rule id="5712" level="10" frequency="6" timeframe="120" ignore="60">

    <if_matched_sid>5710</if_matched_sid>

    <description>sshd: brute force trying to get access to </description>

    <description>the system.</description>

    <same_source_ip />

<group>authentication_failures,pci_dss_11.4,pci_dss_10.2.4,pci_dss_10.2.5,</group>

  </rule>