Charles Wyble wrote:
I've been reading this list for a few weeks, trying in parallel to study Kervin's work ,
Microsoft mapi documentation, outlook object model and inside mapi.

Well. Any questions/comments/suggestions? If so this is the place. The people here are exteremly smart and talented.

I don't know about 'smart and talented', but we're more than willing to help where we can :)

I think a mapi store provider is what we need ( in opposition to an addin and a synchronization approach ) so that we can add
shared contacts/calendars folder into outlook.
I'm not sure I fully understand the pros and the cons for us to add a store provider versus replacing all ms store's providers, and I know almost nothing about transport provider - tried to focus on store providers and mapi things.

My approach is to give the user a choice if possible. If the message store is a 'default message store' capable and the transport provider is not 'tightly coupled' with the message store, then we may be able to do this. That would be extra work with the payoff being the continued use of the PST file format. But I honestly can't tell until we have a working prototype transport provider if we can pull this off. It may end up being like some of the earlier features; good ideas but just too much work with our limit resources.

I don't know how I can contribute to the project ; but I'll be happy to do so when I feel more comfortable with the technology
( and if my company decides to take the 'mapi provider way' ), at least sharing experience.
I agree with Jason that sharing knowledge and experience is certainly a timesaver for everyone.

Indeed. If they do decide to go with it and want to help fund it, please see http://sourceforge.net/donate/index.php?group_id=66565

Thanks for the plug :)

Beside of that I have an administrative question to the project owner.
I noticed that posts sent to the list are seen as sent by the originator of the message, and not the otlkcon-devel list.
It's annoying because hitting outlook's 'reply' option makes the reply addressed only to the originator of the message and not the list.
My feeling is that parts of the discussion is not in the list is not because of it...
Can sourceforge's ml tools be configured to have such a behavior as all message sent through the list are seen as 'from the list' ?

yes it is possible to configure the replies that way. it is an age old battle on level with vi vs emacs.

I checked the list admin page and the feature's use is listed as 'strongly discouraged'. One reason brought up is that it is implemented by overwriting the Reply-To: header and many people rely on that header to properly route their emails. It points to this web page... http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

-
Kervin

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: IntelliVIEW -- Interactive Reporting Tool for open source databases. Create drag-&-drop reports. Save time by over 75%! Publish reports on the web. Export to DOC, XLS, RTF, etc. Download a FREE copy at http://www.intelliview.com/go/osdn_nl _______________________________________________ otlkcon-devel mailing list otlkcon-devel@lists.sourceforge.net https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/otlkcon-devel