Hello,

Mark wrote:

I got mstore registered as an Outlook source (the only one I have), but I'm having trouble actually getting to the Outlook interface because of the breakpoint in strdup(). Is there some way to configure it not to break on user breakpoints until I explicitly turn stopping at

If the breakpoint is on of those 'OTLKCON_DEBUGBREAKS' then
you can redefine that in the otlkcon_config.h file.  But you
shouldn't be getting breakpoints reached in strdup(), that
doesn't sound good.  What file and line number is it?

How should QuerySortOrder determine the current sort order? Is it stored somewhere?

Yes, we will have to store the sort criteria struct in the
table object.  The order has to be maintained, so the
functions that add/modify rows will have to check
that their don't deviate from the current sort order.

The MAPI interface docs say that SortTable should be able to run in sync and async mode. Is there a local mechanism in place to start new threads, or should I use the standard Windows APIs for this?

We don't support ASYNC mode for anything.  That will have
to change in the future.  But that looks like a feature
that can be 'tacked on' later; least a crude version
can be.

I think that's all I've got at the moment.

May I suggest that you start with a function that looks at
the SQL table and 'figures out' what the row order would
be if a sort criteria was applied.  In the end, we shouldn't
have to move rows around, we just change their row numbers.
That should make things a lot easier for you.

Hence this function should take in a list of row numbers, eg
a STL list of ULONGS and a search criteria struct and return
a sorted STL list of ULONGS.  Also given that the list is
already sorted, we need to be able to insert a new row in the
correct spot in that sorted array.

Regards,
Kervin