Hello Mark,

Mark Slater wrote:
Hi Kervin,

I've been working on the message transport. One thing I haven't been able to determine though, is how MAPI deals with Calendar data. The "Inside MAPI" book seems to predate the inclusion of Calendars in Outlook (or ignores that aspect completely). Do you know where that part of MAPI is documented? For example, the Message Transport needs to indicate what kind of addresses it handles.

Are you using a CVS build at most 2 Months old?
We have a calendar folder that loads in the
current build.  This calendar uses the correct
Outlook calendar form.  Events are not loaded
yet because IMAPITable needs to be worked on.

That was what I was working on before things got
a bit hectic over here.  When we create an event,
MAPI needs to update the contents table.  The
problem is that those changes are not being
serialized.  When that is fixed, we should be
able to create events locally.  Most of the code
for that is already written, just not tested.

But a bigger looming issue is that the table
implemenation does not have a working Sort()
function.  Without a sort function, the
calendar folder will not work.  Also all the
other IMAPITable class methods implemenations
need heavy testing.

The transport provider stub in the current
source registers a message type for a private
message class.  That part is still in the air,
but nothing to worry about yet.  We have some
amount of leeway with how 'tightly coupled'
the transport provider is to the message store
provider.  The current plan is to expose a
private API on the message store for the
transport provider after we get the message
store feature complete ( ie. first public
Alpha build ).

Also, I'm assuming  there
are standard properties someplace for calendar information that are not applicable to messages (or there's a mapping documented).

It's a trial and error thing.  You can watch
what properties outlook sets using Outlook
Spy plugin then do the same thing.

Currently selecting the calendar folder in
a build of the current source, then creating a
new event whilst looking at the debug output
will show you all the properties Outlook
requires on a Event message object. Your new
event will not appear in the calendar view
though, due to the IMAPITable issues discussed
earlier.

Everything I've done in the past few weeks has been Calendar/Message data independent. I think that will change in the next week or so, but I'm going to need more information here to proceed.

Please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Kervin