One of the tasks in a message transport (possibly other MAPI services too) is to determine the user's identity. This is done in the TransportLogon's inherited function SetIdentityProps().

Let me start by saying I have no idea how to do this, and I've tried to skip it as much as possible. Ideally, the user's identity is found in an address book. But if that fails, the transport should create a One-Off identity by calling a function in the MAPISupport class, CreateOneOff().

So, the general question is, have we figured out how this is done someplace yet? And the more specific question is, does anyone know the proper use of CreateOneOff()? For example, one of the parameters is the address type. The InsideMAPI example code simply passes in a string "WINDS" (in the form of a constant called WINDS_ADDRESS_TYPE). I've been passing in a string "CalDAV" because I have no idea what should actually go in there... is there an address type already defined by Outlook that we can use? Or do we have to provide a definition of that address type somewhere?

That's where my code is stuck. After we can create the logon identity, it will probably get stuck somewhere else. But for now, any ideas?

Mark