From: otrs-boun...@otrs.org [mailto:otrs-boun...@otrs.org] On Behalf Of
Leonardo Certuche
Sent: 21 October 2015 17:23
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Subject: Re: [otrs] Issues when attempting to upgrade between OTRS 4.0 and 5.0

It seems more like an issue with apache than otrs. Have you tried overwriting
the file /etc/httpd/conf.d/otrs.conf from a functional otrs 5 installation to
your migrated environment?

Check also SELinux.
El 21/10/2015 10:45 a. m., "Stanford, Philip N."
Hi
I had a working OTRS 4  test system, minimally configured,  built on Centos 6.7
The system included OTRS::ITSM and packages such as FAQ, Master-Slave etc.
I thought I would upgrade that to the released version of OTRS 5.
I followed the procedure in
http://otrs.github.io/doc/manual/admin/5.0/en/html/upgrading.html  for
upgrading using the RPM, and didn’t note any errors.
Apache starts OK, and can display the basic ‘unconfigured’ web page at the bare
domain address.

If I go to  http://myhost.mydomain/otrs/index.pl  although I initially get the
login page, once I authenticate, there’s then a pause and I then get ‘Internal
Server Error’  on the web page and errors such as these in the Apache error log:

[Wed Oct 21 13:27:31 2015] [error] [client x.x.x.x] Directory index forbidden
by Options directive: /var/www/html/
[Wed Oct 21 13:28:56 2015] [error] Can't call method "FatalError" on an
undefined value at /opt/otrs//Kernel/Modules/AgentMasterSlavePrepareTicket.pm
line 31.\n

If I go to http://myhost.mydomain/otrs/customer.pl,  similarly, I get the
initial customer login page, but then the same ‘Internal Server Error’ ,
followed by this error in the Apache log:
[Wed Oct 21 14:01:09 2015] [error] [Wed Oct 21 14:01:09 2015] -e: Got no
ConfigObject! at /opt/otrs//Kernel/Output/HTML/CustomerHeaderMetaFAQSearch.pm
line 24.\n

I’ve tried stopping Apache,   rebuilding the OTRS config and flushing the cache
(as ‘otrs’ userid not root, as advised in the installation instructions) but it
doesn’t make any difference.  After the first occurrence, I don’t get the login
box again, just the ‘internal server error’ on the web page.

There’s no errors in /var/log/messages.
Normally when upgrading between versions (major or minor) the ‘base’  OTRS
upgrade works fine, and I do the OTRS::ITSM, FAQ etc packages via the Package
Manager.
I should add that I’ve tried using IE10 on a PC and current versions of Chrome
and Safari on a Mac so the issue isn’t related to browser.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Phil

This message (and any attachments) is for the recipient only. NERC is subject
to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the contents of this email and any
reply you make may be disclosed by NERC unless it is exempt from release under
the Act. Any material supplied to NERC may be stored in an electronic records
management system.