Hi

We have OTRS 5 in place at the moment, all is working well except for when
we receive emails in from certain users who have the following footer in
their emails

*Kind Regards / Mit **freundlichen Grüßen / **Freundliche **Grüße** / **Saludos
cordiales / **Saygılarımla / **Cordialement*

Were working on the assumption that the issue has something to do with the
character set, our database is working in UTF8, with the following settings
in my.cnf

[client]
default-character-set=utf8

[mysqld]
character-set-server=utf8

The show variables statement shows the following

SHOW VARIABLES LIKE "character_set_%";
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
| Variable_name            | Value                      |
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
| character_set_client     | utf8                       |
| character_set_connection | utf8                       |
| character_set_database   | utf8                       |
| character_set_filesystem | binary                     |
| character_set_results    | utf8                       |
| character_set_server     | utf8                       |
| character_set_system     | utf8                       |
| character_sets_dir       | /usr/share/mysql/charsets/ |
+--------------------------+----------------------------+

So it seems that everything is set to be UTF8 and as such should be able to
handle the different character sets.

Every time we get a mail in with the special characters we get the
following error

"There was an error executing Execute() in
Kernel::System::Console::Command::Maint::PostMaster::MailAccountFetch: [Thu
Feb 11 22:24:12 2016] otrs.Daemon.pl: DBD::mysql::db do failed: Incorrect
string value: '\xC4\xB1lar\xC4...' for column 'a_body' at row 1 at
/opt/otrs/Kernel/System/DB.pm line 449."

I have run out of ideas now and was wondering if anyone might be able to
suggest where I could go next, we are running otrs 5.0.3-01 on CentOS
release 6.7 (Final)

Many thanks,
John