Hmm...I thought that's basically what I was saying...a string or other
description in standard format at a standard "address" that OWFS could
download and use to configure itself for that device.

BTW: it looks like I just got funding for an embedded systems
programmer for the summer to work on this (part-time, about 150hrs
total), so my lab will be able to contribute to the effort.

--Jim