On 6 April 2010 09:28, John OBrien <j...@soulsolutions.com.au> wrote:

>  Maybe it should have been titled “Why Gen-Y won’t use Azure” ?
>
> Will Microsoft lose touch with the next generation if they can’t provided
> an answer for the Gen-Y’s “It is my right to have everything now and for
> free” ?

I literally LOL'd when I read that.

>  Development = local fabric for free, Test the platform, 30 day trial.
> More extensive production play, MSDN. Production system, pay for it.

I do think there is a legitimate argument for including something of a
permanent instance as a part of MSDN <insert appropriate subscriber level
here>. Perhaps as a heavily discounted "Azure Development Only Instance" add
on, only available to subscribers over a certain level? Maybe they could
restrict it so the instances are only available from a specified /24 subnet
or small number of fixed IPs that you nominate as a part of the discount
'deal'?

That would let you learn and play with Azure on a 24x365 basis if you had a
need to muck around (but would not meet the OP's 'production' need). Then
again, if you want to learn then the local fabric is fine.

--
David Connors (da...@codify.com)
Software Engineer