We would have also accepted - My shout, I owe you beer.

-----Original Message-----
From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com
[mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On Behalf Of Michael Minutillo
Sent: Thursday, 20 January 2011 11:11 AM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: [OT](ish) Interview Questions

That's correct. You're hired!

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 11:09 AM, Stephen Price
<step...@littlevoices.com> wrote:

My answer to that last one would be a simple "Sorry."  :)

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Michael Minutillo
<michael.minuti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've always been a fan of: "Pick the project you have most enjoyed
working
> on and describe in general terms it's architecture." Allow them to use
> whiteboard and listen carefully to the terms they use. How well do
they
> express themselves? What level of detail do they go to without
prompting? Do
> they use general pattern nomenclature? Towards the end start
challenging
> technology decisions and see how they defend them. Ask them how they
tested
> the software. Ask them what they'd change if they were able to start
again.
> Also, I've never asked this one but: "Image that everyone who has been
> maintaining your code for the last 5 years is here right now. What do
you
> say to them?"

Important Notice
This email contains information which is confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  Please notify the
sender immediately if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this
email from your system.  If you are not the intended recipient, any form of
distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information contained
or attached is strictly prohibited.  Although Disability Services Commission
has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this
email, the Commission cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage
arising from the use of this email or attachments.