From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com]
On Behalf Of Stephen Price
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 1:34 PM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: [OT] Cloud backup

I was a happy Mozy user for three+ years. I left for a couple of
reasons. They removed their ultimate plan (mine still had a year and a
half left on my plan) but if I wanted to add another machine to my
current plan then I had to cancel my plan and resign up to their non
unlimited plan. I don't really care about unlimited but I did have
90Gb in the cloud on Mozy, so their smallest plan was too small. They
actually broke their existing plans when they introduced the new
limited plans. I was supposed to be able to add more machines onto
existing plan. They appoligised but there was no way around it other
than cancel plan and switch to limited plan early.

The other reason was partly due to them dumbing down the client. I
used to be able to see what was going on, what file, how much of the
compression it had done of the file etc. The new client took all that
away and it just showed a percentage. No file info, nothing. couldnt
even see if it was actually working unless you came back later to see
if the percent had changed. Dissapointing.

I'm not saying don't go with Mozy, it works well. I just found
something that suited me as the end/power user better with Crashplan.
I've now got something like 300Gb backed up. :)