Hi Andrew,

The newspaper article was the main reason I was prompted to look into this event further. It was in Sundays Telegraph. It was either on page 3 or another subsequent odd page number under "News Items". It was a very brief item only.

The bit.ly address is the main reason I thought this was a scam although when first clicking the link, I didn't even check the address.

I originally didn't look at any little green shields or any other item to show it was a genuine web page.

I took no precautions at all !!!!!!!!

Another poster has already stated why I did what I did, and that was because of the phone call. Because of the phone call I didn't do any of the steps I usually take, even if only briefly, to avoid these issues.

Whoever used the bit.ly address should be taken out and shot.

Regards,

Glen Harvy.