> It lost out due to Sharepoint Designer or whatever that has now mutated
> into and there was no point competing with Sharepoint Designer + VS Express
> as it just created way to much internal bad blood.

But no home user, or low-tech user is going to ever see SharePoint Designer
or VS Express (I don't use either). The old FrontPage filled an important
product hole I thought and I really liked it back in 97-98 when it arrived
(at least it killed HotDog and similar crap). Then it quietly disappeared
and turned up mutated as Expression Web. Now it's gone again. Has Microsoft
simply abandoned the product line of "web design apps for home users"?

Greg K