From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Ken Schaefer
Sent: Friday, 13 December 2013 8:49 PM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: RE: NBN Petition

I’m guessing we’ll all lose ADSL once the “NBN” (sic) comes to your HFC area.
Copper will be retained to go to nodes in FTTN areas, but the other exchanges
will be decommissioned.

As for HFC – it was designed as a “multicast” broadcast network for video – not
as a general purpose broadband network. I’m sceptical that we can add millions
of new premises to HFC, and actually get any sort of decent speeds.
Particularly with uploads.

Cheers

Ken