On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Stephen Price <step...@perthprojects.com>wrote:

> Is that the one with the colour touch screen?

Nah, the black and white screen pre-paid one. I just put my post-paid
company SIM in it and gave someone else in the office the 5GB it came with.
$129 outright for the device but it is Telstra network locked (which I
don't care about). It can be used for international roaming.

> I just put my mother in law on one of those as her line noise has been so
> horrible (they fix the issue and a week later its back). Only down side is
> that 4G has a much lower download quota. Will see how slow it is when she
> gets shaped (I suspect it will still be more reliable than her old shitty
> adsl was, even when the 4G is shaped!)

Yeah that's the nature of the beast (low quotas). Spectrum is scarce as the
growth and demand in mobile has far outstripped the country's ability to
get its arse into gear and put more on the market. I'm not sure why there
is a full 12 month gap between the end of the current licenses and the
commencement of the new ones.

[ ... ]

Time to bitch on social media again :)

bitchtortion is the term. :)