Its probably good to wait for the honeymoon to pass before you drop this
dosage of reality but ...here goes (i'm always the buzz killer)

So I need you to be the new CEO ... but.. here's the thing, the old CEO
will kind of be your boss (on the board) and the founder of the company
will kind of be an employee ..but don't worry this is your company to
run...and you run it the way you like...and we'll just be here...hanging
around...watching you....every move....you make...

Imagine having that as your job.... - Microsoft.

As long as those two linger, I just can't but help think this poor bastard
doesn't really have a fair fight on his hands? ...he's gifted andy who have
worked for him will raise their hands and state out loud "he's good
Microsoft" but at the end of the day its alway a little "business as
usual". Even his speech to employee's kept the same tone you'd typically
see at a variety of Microsoft conferences ...I think you need that external
influence to break the Microsoft culture circuit... someone who hasn't got
a history lesson attached, someone who looks at the whole concept with an
eyebrow raised and questions like "why?" ...

I also think that this CEO position was supposed to be the Windows Vista
release or the guy who played Bond after Sean Connery ... they are supposed
to absorb the change "I dont like it" moments but meanwhile you hold back
on the real good(s) for the real "change" to come ..which is the Windows 7
release... "Same shit, just different UI" .. "Same problems, just different
face.." :)

---
Regards,
Scott Barnes