No idea on Adobe's development practices. I did hear that once from an
Adobe staffer but he could have been full of B.S at the time.

For me the choice of OSX really came down to the simplicity of the OS... I
find finding documents, apps etc to be more simplified than Windows. Plus i
eventually got into the habit of using the Command key more than usual so
when it came to using Windows 8, i was the guy who had zero issues with
Start Button being removed (given I'd always hit the windows key to tab
around, or access menu items - much like my quartz does on OSX).

I'd not declare myself a fanboi as I could care less either way on OS but I
seem to have developed a more habitual usage of OSX than Windows.

---
Regards,
Scott Barnes
http://www.riagenic.com